* Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
* Step 3: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
1. Love and Happiness. Yeah, something that can make you do wrong. Make you do right. (God this one is so easyyyyyy)
2. And I'm not goin' back, into rags or in the hole. And our bruises are a-coming, but we will never fold.
3. All the girls pose the same for pictures. All the boys got the same girls' hair. I am bored 'cause I feel much older. Look at me, as if I've got a reason to stare.
4. Old man river, he said you can go your own way, if you just leave him alone. Doesn't matter. Do not deliver all your things today. We are going home.
5. You're such a flirt. I know you hurt. And so do I, I empathize. I see you out and never care. A conversation we never share.
6. A child in a curious phase, a man with sullen ways. Oh, I know very well how I got my name. You think you were my first love. You think you were my first love, but you're wrong. You were the only one who's come and gone. (Technically, it was a cover but you can name the original artist).
7. We know of an ancient radiation that haunts dismembered constellations, a faintly glimmering radio station. While Frank Sinatra sings 'Stormy Weather', the flies and spiders get along together. Cobwebs fall on an old skipping record.
8. How many special people change? How many lives are living strange? Where were you while we were getting high? Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball. Where were you while we were getting high?
9. She said call me now baby and I'd come a runnin'. She said call me now baby and I'd come a-runnin'. If you call me now baby I'd come runninnnn.
10. Trudging slowly over wet sands, back to the bench where your clothes were stolen. This is a seaside town that they forgot to close down. Armageddon. Come Armageddon, come Armageddon, come. (Another cover)
11. I can think of younger days when living for my life was everything a man could want to do. I could never see tomorrow. I was never told about the sorrow.
12. My dewy-eyed Disney bride what has tried, swapping your blood with formaldehyde. Monsters, whiskey-plied voices cried fratricide. Jesus, don't you know that you coulda died?
13. You are the girl that I've been dreaming of ever since I was a little girl.
14. Everyone loves a man who lets the hardest people build him up and cut him down to lovable size. And somebody holds a candle, by right it tastes. all longing words are remembered: us and them, you love, you despise.
15. Seen all good things and bad running down the hill. All so battered and brought to the ground. I am hungry again. I am drunk again. With all the money I owe to my friends.
16. Would you fall to pieces if I never came back? Tear it all apart 'til there was nothing left?
17. I am my mother's only one. It's enough. I wear garment so it shows. Now you know.
18. Can't you see I'm trying'? I don't even like it, I just lied to get to your apartment. Now I'm staying here just for a while. I can't think cause I'm just way too tired.
19. I awoke, only to find my lungs empty. And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing. And now my dreams are nothing like they were meant to be. And I'm breaking down, I think I'm breakin' down.
20. There's blood in my mouth cause I've been biting my tongue all week. I keep on talkin' trash but I never say anything. And the talkin' leads to touchin' and the touchin' leads to sex and then there is no mystery left. (Oh yeah ladies, you know this one).
*ok, so i cheated a bit, because i started this thing the normal way, and the songs that were coming up were ones that i wouldn't even recognize if i heard them. so i had made a playlist for my sister a while back and i used that instead.